CKEditor Weekly for October 5, 2015
Here is your CKEditor weekly update. We are almost there with two new releases - CKEditor 4.5.4 and CKFinder 3.1. At the same time our team is getting bigger as we kick-start the development of CKEditor 5. Two weeks ago we also enjoyed our CKSource meetup and learned a lot about Holacracy. Find out more!
CKEditor in Review
CKEditor 4.5.4 passed the testing phase and is ready to be released any day now. During the last two weeks we also closed a few tickets:
- We converted existing error logs to the new error logging mechanism that we have introduced two weeks ago.
- We fixed problems with rendering CKEditor samples in Safari 9.
- Empty anchors without a
nameattribute won't be removed any more [#13516].
- We fixed a problem with drag and drop of inline widgets.
- Bender.js was updated to 0.4.1 [#13737]
Other than that, we continue to work on a couple of bigger tickets:
- The new Paste from Word filter.
- Making keyboard shortucts more discoverable.
- Rewriting our workaround for Blink and WebKit's selection system limitations (this work should fix a good bunch of issues).
We are still working on the upcoming release of CKFinder 3.1 and we are already in the testing phase. Last weeks we also managed to change
file:getIcon API and add
folder:getIcon API requests.
Around the Net
- Find out how to enable Rich Text in Dynamics CRM using CKEditor from this blog post.
- A new blogpost on our CKSource blog entitled 5 Reasons Why Open Source Software is Perfect For Enterprise Solutions.
Two weeks ago we have held a CKSource meetup in our Warsaw office. Besides having lots of fun, we have discussed and practiced Holacracy which will become our weapon of choice in becoming a fully self-managed company. We will let you know more about how we are adopting this system as we go along.
That sums up the last two weeks. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us.
Enjoy the week ahead!