CKEditor Weekly for October 20, 2014
We're back with another CKEditor Weekly! The CKSource team met in Warsaw, Poland, this week to talk about various topics ranging from CKEditor, CKFinder, various new plugins and to have a few drinks. Read on for details on what was covered...
CKEditor in review
- CKEditor's test framework, Bender.js, will soon have its own dedicated website. In case you didn't know, Bender.js is an Open Source testing framework for complex applications.
- As a result of last week's meetup the new SDK wasn't released on time. Stay tuned for the official release later this week! It will revamp the samples included in CKEditor and expand the current documentation site.
- The team showed off and discussed in great detail the new Drag and Drop feature. It's an impressive new update that will greatly improve CKEditor's functionality.
- The new Notifications plugin also got covered. Users will be able to customize it to appear when progress, warning and success events are triggered. There was a big discussion over the notification bubble's position. An armed duel might be required to resolve this debate...
- CKFinder 3.0 was showed off. The Beta should be out soon.
- The team decided to move the forum to Stackoverflow. This will give the community access to an immense base of active users. The old forum will still be accessible but the ability to create new threads will be locked.
- A blog summarizing what happened at the meetup will be posted this week. It will include pictures, so keep checking back!
Around the Net
Alfonso Martínez created a blog describing in more details all the plugins he has created for CKEditor over the years. You can check it out here...
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!