CKEditor Weekly for November 04, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. Development on CKEditor 4.3 is very close to being finished and we discovered some unique ways where CKEditor is being used. Read on for details...
CKEditor in review
- CKEditor 4.3 development is almost finished! The team will likely close the build this week, maybe even tomorrow. That means the next version is very close to being released. Expect 4.3 to be officially out within the next couple of weeks, Widgets and all!
- Speaking of Widgets, the team is quite satisfied with their implementation. Over half a dozen additional issues were closed since last week, including the implementation of Magic Lines inside Widgets.
Widgets represent one of the biggest enhancements since the release of CKEditor 4, almost year ago. If used properly they can be a big asset to any website with special data entry needs.
- The team fixed various browser compatibility issues, even good old IE8. The browser is still supported due to its popularity around the world (it has "resilient" users).
- IE11 compatibility has also been improved with a few fixes, which you can view here, here and here.
- A couple of Safari and Chrome issues were also closed.
Around the Net
- Envelo.pl created a system that lets you send regular letters (snail mail) from the net, and best of all, it uses CKEditor! You can see the system in action here.
- Innovation Series made an article on how they made KettleCorn, which includes CKEditor. KettleCorn is a fork of Popcorn Maker, a tool that makes it easy to enhance, remix and share interactive web videos by combining audio and video with live web content.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!