CKEditor Weekly for June 15, 2015
Here we go with the latest CKEditor weekly update. Major releases of CKEditor and CKFinder are on their way. We also had an important security update for CKFinder 2. Read on for more!
CKEditor in Review
- We worked on some final tickets for CKEditor 4.4.8 and 4.5. We closed nine of them and the remaining three are already on review. This means that this week we are starting the testing phase, and if everything goes smoothly, CKEditor 4.4.8 and 4.5 will be released on the 23rd of June.
- The tickets closed last week were mostly bug fixes, but there are also two new features:
- New method in the CKEDITOR.dialog API for setting dialog's state to "busy" (a spinner will be displayed) – see ticket #13213.
- A convenient way to listen to widget events through the widgets repository – see ticket #13337
- We checked again how CKEditor works on Microsoft Edge - the successor of Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, the browser is not ready yet and working with its developer tools is nearly impossible, so we were only able to confirm that CKEditor works on this browser, but we were not able to work on few issues that we discovered. We will get back to Microsoft Edge as soon as it is stable enough.
The final release of CKFinder 3 is really close. During the last week we were able to:
- Fix issues with storage adapters: FTP and Amazon S3.
- Modify the PHP connector to allow configuring resource type that points to the root folder of a defined backend.
- Fix keyboard navigation in the settings panel.
- Fix issue with rendering "Show More" button in a wrong place.
- Update automated tests to work with the latest code.
- Clean up stylesheets used to render panels.
- Fix issue with showing a broken image for a fraction of second when viewing images.
- Updated the French localization.
We also had some updates of CKFinder 2:
- A security update of CKFinder for ASP.NET (184.108.40.206) has been released.
- A minor bug fix of CKFinder for ColdFusion (220.127.116.11) has been released.
Around the Net
- The ckeditor_rails gem has been updated to version 4.4.8
- Video snapshot - this plugin enables adding video snapshot from the URL.
We are happy to welcome aboard Aleksandra Osiak who will be responsible for all financial matters and supporting management in business decision making. Find out more about our new colleague.
That sums up the last week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us.
Enjoy the upcoming week!