CKEditor Weekly for July 22, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a recurring summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. The core team was rather busy last week with two releases out on the same day, but both versions went live without a hitch. We also had a few community project updates and a new tutorial for Grails, so read on to find out more!
CKEditor in review
- After months in development, CKEditor 4.2 was finally released! This is a major version that introduced a variety of new features:
- New jQuery adapter
- New onChange event feature
- Indent plugin now delegated to two new plugins: Indent Block and Indent List
- Tab and Shift+Tab keyboard shortcuts for indenting lists
- Ability to replace textarea elements with the inline editor
- Dropped support for Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3.6
- And more…
- CKEditor 4.1.3 was also released! This is a minor bug-fixing update that:
- Introduced a minor bug fix to ACF
- Tweaked the iFrame window
- Added Indonesian localization to an ever-growing list of languages (new contributions are always welcome!)
- Patched a bug while pasting plain text in Blink-based browsers
- Fixed CKEDITOR.dialog.addIframe to correctly set the iFrame size in dialog windows
Around the Net
- Alfonso uploaded a commercial version of his Image Paste plugin for CKEditor 4, which lets you (among other things) paste images from the clipboard directly into the editor and upload files/images by dragging & dropping them from your computer. Alfonso has been a loyal member of the community, so kudos to him - a plug for his plugin.
- CKEditor_rails 4.1.3 released, a gem that integrates CKEditor with the Rails asset pipeline.
- Graig Burke posted a new tutorial on how to setup CKEditor in Grails.
- The CKEditor fieldtype add-on for Statamic was updated.
If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!