CKEditor Weekly for January 26, 2015
We're back with another CKEditor Weekly! CKEditor 4.4.7, a minor release with some bug fixes, will be out this week, and following a short testing phase of the current code base all developers will be back to working on CKEditor 4.5. CKFinder 3 is also gaining shape, Bender.js 0.2.0 was released last week and an interesting side event was held in our office.
CKEditor in Review
- The testing phase of CKEditor 4.4.7 is ongoing. This editor version will be published this week and like all minor releases, it will contain a dozen of bug fixes only.
- The team’s focus is constantly on CKEditor 4.5. Four big features were under review last week - file upload, notification area, new methods for getting selected HTML and media embed. We are planning to close three of them this week.
- Work continues on CKFinder 3 beta, with the UI being polished and the file upload functionality being fine-tuned. The application performance was improved, too.
- Bender 0.2.0 was released last week together with updated versions of its plugins. The new Bender.js command line interface was moved to a separate project and a few new features were added.
Around the Net
- CKEditor wrapper for Vaadin was updated to 4.4.6.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!