CKEditor Weekly for January 21, 2014
We're back with another edition of CKEditor Weekly. CKEditor 4.3.2 is out and the team has news about CKEditor 4.4 and CKEditor for Drupal. Read on for more...
CKEditor in review
- CKEditor 4.3.2 came out today! It’s a minor release that includes a few fixes. You can read more about the new release here.
- CKEditor 4.4 development is picking up. Besides the new features mentioned last week the major release will also introduce redesigned samples and an improved SDK. The samples included in every CKEditor download are going to be trimmed to only a few essentials, with the bulk of the current ones being moved to the documentation section. At least that’s the plan… New samples are also in the works.
- An oEmbed plugin is also planned for CKEditor 4.4. Although CKEditor already has a third-party oEmbed plugin in the Add-ons repository, this will be an official plugin.
- Additionally, CKEditor 4.4 will have a new Code Snippet plugin that will easily let you add code into the content area. It will be based on the new Widget system.
- An update to the commercial module of CKEditor for Drupal should be out tomorrow. It will include all the changes from the Open Source version, as well as CKEditor 4.3.2 and CKFinder 2.4.1.
Around the Net
- ZK, an Open Source Java framework for building enterprise web and mobile apps, just released the CKEditor 22.214.171.124 component, which includes a pre-instance configuration.
- Jon Kinney created a filter that adds CKEditor to Radiant. Radiant is an Open Source content management system designed for small teams.
- Django released an update to its CKEditor plugin.