CKEditor Weekly for January 19, 2015
We're back with another CKEditor Weekly! All CKSource developers are now working hard on new features for CKEditor 4.5, bug fixes in CKEditor 4.4.7 and last but not least, the upcoming CKFinder 3 beta! The future of WYSIWYG editing (a.k.a. CKEditor 5) is also getting first pieces of real code, too!
CKEditor in Review
- The CKEditor 5 development is taking its first steps at GitHub. After a fruitful prototyping phase Frederico Knabben is now getting his hand dirty on some real code! Check out the CKEditor 5 design wiki if you want to read more about what is planned for CKEditor 5!
- Work on handling pasted and dropped images and the new upload manager that will be a part of the larger drag-and-drop functionality available in CKEditor 4.5 continues.
- The Notifications plugin is also getting more feature-rich. This will be needed for the new media embed and upload plugins.
- CKFinder 3 beta work is progressing nicely. The new upload UI is designed (and re-designed… and re-designed… this will not stop till we are 100% happy about it!) and the image editing feature is being polished. Some jQuery Mobile integration issues were fixed, too.
- On the CKFinder 3 server-side front, we have a bunch of improvements related to configuration and error reporting. The team definitely wants to make CKFinder configuration and debugging as easy as possible!
- Krzysztof Stankiewicz has recently joined CKSource as our new Marketing Manager. He will be responsible for the marketing strategy around our products, including CKEditor and CKFinder. Welcome onboard, Krzysztof!
Around the Net
- The new Tweetable Text plugin has been added to the CKEditor Add-ons Repository.
- The ckeditor_rails gem was updated to CKEditor 4.4.6.
- Bender.js now has its own tag at StackOverflow. Use it if you are looking for support for our in-house test environment.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!