CKEditor Weekly for February 2, 2015
We're back with another CKEditor Weekly! CKEditor 4.4.7, a minor bug-fixing release, was published last week, and a few significant features of CKEditor 4.5 were closed. Bender.js 0.2.1 was released last week and work on CKFinder 3 beta continues, too.
CKEditor in Review
- CKEditor 4.4.7 was released last week. This is a minor release that includes just a dozen of bug fixes for various editor issues, enhancing Paste from Word operations and support for multi-byte Japanese characters, improving filling empty blocks behavior and correcting UI color setting for custom skins.
- As predicted last week, we closed a few major tickets for CKEditor 4.5 (#11636, #12810, #11461 and #11580). This is a major step towards finishing this exciting major release. Combined together, all these tickets introduced 5 new plugins and touched nearly 10k lines of code in 71 files!
- We started working on refreshing the samples shipped in CKEditor packages, which is actually phase 2 of the project that introduced CKEditor SDK last autumn. Expect new look and new tools in version 4.5!
- Further work on CKFinder 3 beta slowly brings this project towards completion. This week some drag and drop issues for Internet Explorer were fixed and the user experience for image editing and file listings was improved. The drag and drop preview got visually re-designed, too.
- Bender 0.2.1 was released last week. This minor release contains a bug fix to an issue with manual tests not working correctly.
Around the Net
- CKEditor NuGet packages were updated to 4.4.7: standard, basic, full. Thanks to Mark deVilliers!
- ZK CKEditor 22.214.171.124 is now released with upgrades to CKEditor 4.4.6 and minor bug fixes. ZK is an Open Source Java framework for building enterprise web and mobile apps.
- Effective_ckeditor gem was updated to 1.2.0.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!