CKEditor Weekly for February 16, 2015
We're back with another CKEditor Weekly! Last week was spent integrating the (already finished) bigger pieces of new CKEditor 4.5 functionality with the existing code base (and one another, too). Work also continued on the new toolbar configurators and samples which should reach ready-to-ship state this week. Read on!
CKEditor in Review
- The two tools mentioned last week, the new CKEditor sample and the toolbar configurators are being polished. We are actually quite happy about the shape of both tools, their UI and UX are gaining finishing touches right now and we cannot wait to present them to the general public.
- Other than that, after closing last week’s big tasks in CKEditor 4.5 plenty of minor issues are being resolved now in form of various minor follow-up tickets integrating the bigger features such as drag and drop uploads, notifications and media embed. It is quite rewarding to see all the pieces finally fall into place after so many months of design and development work!
- Meanwhile, after a short winter holidays break work on CKEditor 5 resumed! The prototype is being developed and the team constantly expands the existing (very initial) code base with pull requests and tests.
The bug-fixing phase of CKFinder 3 beta for PHP continues, with some really nasty Internet Explorer bugs being ironed. The documentation is being expanded as well to make it as quick and as easy as possible to learn about the new application architecture and features.
Around the Net
- Two new community-provided plugins were added to the Add-ons Repository:
- Chamilo LMS 1.10.0 will replace its FCKeditor component with CKEditor v4 and should be out by the end of April 2015.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!