CKEditor Weekly for August 5, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. This week we're proud to annouce the addition of two new developers to our core CKEditor team. Read on to find out who they are!
CKEditor in review
- We have also improved our changelog page formatting to include more information: links to API docs, Dev guide, plugin pages. This will make the lives of our development community a whole lot easier.
- It's business as usual on the development side of things. We're progressing forward with our new Widgets feature - the main addition in CKEditor 4.3.
- We would like to remind people not to set $Config['Enabled'] = true in FCKeditor (yes, some people still use it) and also to not simply return true the CheckAuthentication() function in CKFinder. A log report by ISC Diary recently swept Twitter up in a craze. It showed that some individuals actually look for these settings to upload unwanted material on old or improperly maintained sites... Better yet, we would like to remind people not to leave old or improperly maintained sites laying around! Fix those suckers up!
Around the Net
- Rocket Science released a fork of the integration gem for CKEditor designed by Igor Galeta. It adds rails_admin support and custom config / plugins.
- A Django admin CKEditor integration was released last week. It provides a RichTextField and CKEditorWidget utilizing CKEditor with image upload and browsing support included.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!