CKEditor Weekly for August 26, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. It was a hectic week with most activity being delegated to closing various tickets. Read on to see what's new...
CKEditor in review
- We're currently working on a CKEditor skin creation guide. We're also updating our Skin Tuner application which lets you conveniently see every element of your custom skin on a single page. Both should simplify the skin customization process.
- Fixed a WebSpellChecker bug where it would break the cloning of editor config.
- Reviewing a fix for lists from Word not pasting properly. Also reviewing a fix for anchors getting stripped when pasting from Word.
- Reviewing a patch for IE and Opera removing empty lines in lists on copy/paste.
- Tweaking ACF rule application inconsistencies between inline editor and standard editor.
- Reviewing a patch that fixes an issue where the Save toolbar button only saves the first CKEditor instance.
- Reviewing a patch that fixes an issue where the merging of cells does not work in inline mode.
Around the Net
- Les Tilleuls has released a bundle that provides SonataMediaBundle integration into CKEditor for Symfony 2 projects. With it you can browse and upload files through SonataMediaBundle directly from the CKEditor UI. Symfony is a PHP framework for web projects.
- One of our community members, Chimit, posted a cool bit of code on our forum that lets you automatically upload files from other sites to your server. The code hasn't been tested, but it might serve as a good reference point for anyone interested in such a feature.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!