CKEditor Weekly for August 25, 2014
We're back with another edition of CKEditor Weekly. CKEditor 4.4.4 was released last week! It introduces some new features and fixes. We also have a new community plugin that's worth checking out. Read on for more...
CKEditor in review
- CKEditor 4.4.4 was released last week! It includes a variety of improvements:
- Keyboard handling was partially rewritten.
- A few minor changes were introduced to the undo manager.
- Improvements were added to the Paste from Word filter, thanks to Alin Purcaru.
- YUI styles for the UI Color plugin were cleaned up, thanks to CasherWest.
- And much more. Check out the official release blog here...
- Development has now switched to CKEditor 4.4.5 and 4.5. The next few weeks should be quite hectic. CKEditor 4.5 is a massive release that will introduce many new features.
- Speaking of CKEditor 4.5, the team is struggling with browser inconsistencies on which they're trying to build a useful and clean architecture. Stay tuned for more as things progress.
- zoom3k added a Lightbox plugin to the repository that lets you easily insert and edit a Lightbox gallery in CKEditor. Be the first to leave a comment on what you think about it!
Around the Net
Apostrophe-editor-2 was recently updated. It replaces Apostrophe's default content editor with CKEditor.
CKEditor 4.4.4 is available on Nuget.
Oliver Busse created a custom trigger control for CKEditor’s Save button in XPages. It lets you trigger a custom save action when clicking the CKEditor Save button.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!