CKEditor Weekly for August 19, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. This week we're happy to reveal CKEditor's attendance at the upcoming DrupalCon in Prague! Read on for more...
CKEditor in review
- The CKEditor team will be officially attending DrupalCon Prague 2013. Members of the core development team will be doing Q & A sessions at the convention and taking part in the adjacent LSD (Large Scale Drupal) meeting. Expect more details about the conference soon.
- We implemented a dynamic enterMode that will replace config.enterMode (static). This is a requirement for our new Widgets feature. It will be possible to change Enter mode during runtime based on some conditions, like if the caret is inside a nested editable or main editable. EnterMode is the same we already did for the active ACF filter instance. It is also labeled "dynamic" for the same reason.
- CKFinder 2.4 was released last week. It includes a new Search tool, Watermarks for Java and a large amount of fixes for various platforms - over 60 in all!
- Alfonso added a new plugin called Configuration Helper to our repository. It allows you to simplify some CKEditor behavior, like hiding or removing dialog fields, or setting a "placeholder" when the editor is empty.
- A bug fix for problems in IE10 Quirks mode is pending review.
Around the Net
- A new, stable (1.2) CKEditor Mentions was released for Drupal. The plugin provides a "Facebook-like" suggestion box to the WYSIWYG area while you type.
- COBCD.Net posted a multi-part tutorial in Spanish on how to install Drupal and CKEditor.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!