CKEditor Weekly for August 12, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. This week we're happy to reveal information about the next CKFinder release and a new, exciting Open Source project planned for the future! Read on for more...
CKEditor in review
- CKSource will release CKFinder 2.4 some time this week! It will include, among other things, a Watermark plugin for images and the much-awaited Search function! Version 2.4 has been long in the making. It will include over 60 changes!
- The CKEditor core team is contemplating starting a new and exciting Open Source JS Test Framework! The testing bot still doesn't have a name though I'm guessing it will be anthropomorphic in nature. Development is still on the drawing board but it was green-lit, so it's pretty much confirmed that our little bot will eventually see the light of day.
- Now that Widgets are well on schedule for their 4.3 release, focus has been shifted to CKEditor 4.2.1.
- Speaking of Widgets, we should have some new working samples in the near future!
- The team decided not to allow the capitalization of "true" in contenteditable, which causes CKEditor to not load. We have to draw the line somewhere or risk plunging the world into chaos...
Around the Net
- CKEditor_rails 4.2 released, a gem that integrates CKEditor with the Rails asset pipeline.
- Yet another CKEditor for Rails asset pipeline. This one works in ruby 1.9.3+ and rails 3.0+.
- John Whish posted a demonstration of how to use the jQuery Validate Plugin with CKEditor to check that a CKEditor instance has content.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!