CKEditor Weekly for August 04, 2014
We're back with another edition of CKEditor Weekly. Development on a couple of projects has resumed and the community has been doing their part in improving CKEditor with various GitHub pull requests. Read on for more...
CKEditor in review
- Work on the new Media Embed plugin has resumed.
- Development on the Accessibility Checker app has also restarted.
- Pasting content from desktop apps like Word will be improved in CKEditor 4.4.4 thanks to a pull request by Alin Purcaru.
- Another pull request, courtesy of InvisibleBacon, will give CKEditor 4.5 the option to align the toolbar in inline mode based on right-to-left and left-to-right text alignment.
- Finally, a pull request submitted by sbusse will add support for the HTML5 "required" attribute in form input elements in CKEditor 4.5.
Around the Net
The CKEditor wrapper for Vaadin was updated to support CKEditor version 4.4.3. Vaadin is a Java web application framework that helps you build modern Rich Internet Applications (RIA).
Michael Sevestre released an update to Monologue, a mountable blogging engine for Rails. The update fixes a CKEditor incompatibility issue.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!