CKEditor Weekly for April 20, 2015
Another week - another CKEditor Weekly! Find out more about the upcoming release of CKEditor 4.5.0 Beta accompanied by the release of CKFinder 2.5.0. This upgrade frenzy has also touched Bender.js and triggered its new release. Read on for more.
CKEditor in Review
- We closed all tickets in the CKEditor 4.5.0 Beta milestone and started the testing phase. Small glitches were fixed immediately and we added some tickets to the CKEditor 4.5.0 milestone.
- We are happy with the results of the testing phase, so CKEditor 4.5.0 Beta will be released this Tuesday!
- We switched to work on samples, documentation and all the things that developers need to enjoy the new CKEditor 4.5.0 features.
Recent activity at the CKEditor 5 front:
Scheduled for next week:
- Bring the new Data prototype into its final format in ckeditor5-core.
It has been another busy week for CKFinder team as the final preparations for the first unofficial beta pre-release of CKFinder 3 for PHP were made.
- The team focused on testing and fixing the most critical bugs for the unofficial pre-release.
- The work on CKFinder skins: Moono and jQuery Mobile continued, adding missing icons and CSS loader to Moono.
- The samples that will be included in the distribution package for CKFinder 3 were created.
- We enhanced the client side documentation as well as the PHP documentation and created three new sample plugins that explain how to create a custom dialog, a page and a panel in CKFinder 3.
- The language files for CKFinder 3 were reduced by removing unused translations and published on GitHub to make it easier to provide translations for CKFinder 3.
- CKFinder tests (that use Bender.js just like CKEditor 4 does) were updated to work with the latest code base.
If you are willing to test CKFinder 3 for PHP before it's officially available, contact us and leave us your e-mail!
The team also spent some time on the previous version of CKFinder — CKFinder 2.5.0. It is now ready to be released this week and will include changes required by CKEditor 4.5.0 Beta, which is scheduled to be released this week as well.
- Bender.js 0.2.3 was released. It contains tons of new features and bug fixes, so check out the full changelog for more details!
- A new benderjs-promise plugin was introduced. It enables ES6 Promises on older browsers.
- The browser-launcher2 0.4.5 was released. It finally supports PhantomJS on Windows.
- benderjs-mocha 0.1.5 with a minor bug fix was released.
- We also started assigning tickets for the first major release of Bender — 1.0.0.
Around the Net
- A new Extra Form Attributes plugin was added to the Add-on Repository.
The CKSource team is happy to finally welcome a new Community Manager, Wojtek Cichoń, on board! Apart from being a social media expert, Wojtek is also an organizer of one of the biggest performance poetry festival in Central Europe - Spoke’N’Word Festival. As a matter of fact, Wojtek debuts on our blog this week with this very weekly installment (excluding the note about himself)!
That sums up this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!
Have a great week ahead!