We would like to announce the release of CKEditor 4.2.1. This is a minor bug-fixing release that precedes another major release, CKEditor 4.3, which is due in a couple of weeks. CKEditor 4.2.1 comprises some bug fixes, including a much needed solution to an issue with the floating toolbar not repositioning correctly in some cases in inline mode and an accessibility fix for ChromeVox.
Below is a short overview of the changes included in this release:
- #9816: Floating toolbar does not repositon vertically in several cases.
- #9654: Problems with Internet Explorer 10 Quirks Mode.
- #10004: [ChromeVox] Button names are not announced.
- #10689: Save toolbar button saves only the first editor instance.
- #10646: Removing a selected sublist or nested table with Backspace or Delete removes the parent element.
- #8103, #9330: Fixes for pasting nested lists and anchors from Microsoft Word.
- ... and more, including fixes for the WebSpellChecker plugin, Undo failing in IE9 and IE10, registering styles in Advanced Content Filter, or undesired page scrolling in WebKit browsers.
What Is Next?
We are really excited about the pending CKEditor 4.3 release whose beta is coming soon! Apart from Internet Explorer 11 compatibility, new Language button, and updated smileys we are going to finally release the widgets feature that the whole team has been working on for the last couple of months. See the widget development sample to taste what is coming up next!
Check out the What's New? page for the full list of changes.
CKEditor is available under Open Source and Commercial licenses. Full details can be found on our license page.
Please use the CKEditor Development website to report issues and suggestions through tickets.